Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #10

With Memorial Day fast approaching, The Shabby Tea Room's latest challenge is "Stars and Stripes".
We are to use red, white, and blue and/or stars and stripes. Since I just used some striped  paper from Webster's Pages Petite Papers for my last posted card, I knew exactly the paper I wanted to use for this card.

I found the image for the focal point at Vintage Holiday Crafts. The focal point is attached to the Webster's Pages papers. (Two cards in a row using these beautiful papers--does that mean my hoarding of them has officially ended?) I separated the two patterned papers with  a scalloped border of Enchanted Evening. I used a running stitch to gather and ruffle the gingham ribbon. I cut two stars in Pure Poppy using my Cricut, glued them together, and coated with garnet glitter.After adding the flower and star, a little more weight was needed at the bottom, so I added the buttons to the bottom stars and then for more balance added the third button to the glittered star. The card front is attached to a base of Aqua Mist  to pick up the aqua background of the focal point.  
Thanks for stopping by,



Supplies:
Paper: Petite Papers: Postcards from Paris & Sweet as Cherry Pie(Webster's Pages); Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening,Pure Poppy(PTI)
Other: Ribbon (Hobby Lobby);  Border Punch (Fiskars);Tag,Bags,Boxes, and More cartridge(ProvoCraft);garnet glitter(Martha Stewart);Enchanted Evening Vintage Buttons(PTI)

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Cammie! I {heart} that WP paper and simply love the scrumpled gingham ribbon -- lovely!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Absolutely adorable! I love that Webster's paper and it is just perfect for this challenge. The ruffled ribbon and buttons on the stars are the perfect touches. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cammie, this is completely FABULOUS!! I've always loved red, white and blue, and you've created such a gorgeous card with these colors and papers and embellishments! The ruffled gingham ribbon is to die :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammie!! This is absolutely beautiful! I love the vintagey soft feel you have created here - the ribbon treatment is utterly gorgeous - but those stars and flowers in the bottom panel add sooooo much visual interest to this too. A totally stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie, this is just fabulous! Wonderful blend of patterns--love the stars & stripes in the background and the star arrangement at the bottom. The ruffled ribbon is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Shabby and Patriotic! I love it! The Webster paper was horded for the perfect time to use it. I love your ruffled ribbon and stars and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Cammie for making Honorable Mention for your card on TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the challenge. Love the main image and the ruffled ribbon. Congratulations on your honorable mention too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Cammie! Congrats on your Shabby Tea Room honorable mention!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.