Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Halloween, Sis

I made this card for my sister. This little pumpkin miss and cat are perfect for her since my sister is an avid reader, although she is a complete Kindle convert, so her piles of books are diminishing as her e-books grow. And the black cat will remind her of our childhood cat Inky and his connection to Halloween which I explained in this post and her cat Isabeau and my cat Augustus Ciaran. She also is a former English teacher, so I  am sure she will love  the background paper that includes text from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." I made sure to leave some of the characters' names visible. The top of the tag is stamped with Background Basics:Botanicals in Orange Zest ink. I colored the tag reinforcement with a Copic Marker. I added the black bow to complement  the bow on Miss Pumpkin's bonnet. I added an orange felt flower ,cut with Cuttlebug dies, with a button and cut the 31 with Cuttlebug dies.
 I wonder if the rick rack trim (made with PTI's die) will remind her of our sewing rick rack on bathroom curtains.
 I enjoyed making this vintage styled card for my dear sister.

Challenges for this card

The Shabby Tea Room :Vintage Halloween using the colors orange and blag in the inspiration photo
Cards Blog :Halloween card.

As always thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment,

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute image and a lovely project - love that flower too! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card put a huge smile on my face this morning ... everything is pure perfection and simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cammie, your image is so sweet - and I loved reading about all of the careful thought and planning you've put into this! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammie, what a sweet card! Your sister will cherish it, I am sure. I love all the wonderful details you have added to make it special--and personally her. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet vintage image you used and such a fun card ... your sister will, no doubt, love it! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image. As an avid reader myself I can relate to this!! Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and I love the image! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Love that little image and teh composition, I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous, thought-filled project! I love that image! Where did you find it? Your sister will be so tickled with all the references to your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card. I bet your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.