Congratulations Flourishes on the 100th Timeless Tuesday Challenge!
Welcome to my stop on this celebratory hop; you can read more about this celebration and hop HERE.
The challenge is "All About Favorites! Use your choice of one or all of your favorite stamps, papers, colors, technique, and embellishments!"
Some of my favorites that I 've used on this card include
1. Sweet Violets stamp set by Flourishes---an obvious choice based on my love of violets, the name of my blog, and the many times, including my first FTTC, that I have posted cards using this stamp set.
2. Deckled Edge Rectangle Nestabilities. I just love the distressed edge.
3. Antique Linen Distress Ink by Range. More distressing. Are you seeing a theme here?
4. Patterned paper--I've used 3 patterns from Basic Grey's Curio 6x6 card
5. Coloring--I loved my coloring books and crayons when I was young; now I love to color stamped images with colored pencisl and or Copics. I used Prismacolor pencils for this card.
Because I can imagine opening an antique book of botanical prints and seeing these violets, my inspiration for this card design was Victorian design--with its incorporation of nature, pattern, and sometimes dark weighty elements.
If this is your first stop by my blog, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll return.
Everyone enjoy the hop!