Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little Love-- Papertrey Peeps Challenge

Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a great start. I've been enjoying my first cup of coffee while perusing all the PTI loveliness on the DT's blogs. Why do I always want the latest when I have so much to craft with?   And why do I have such a hard time with delayed gratification with PTI? I haven't ordered in a couple of months and feel this sense of entitlement  to order and order big this month, and then I look around at all I have and wonder why I must have more. But I will be ordering and hopefully at midnight. Well, you didn't stop by to read my early  morning musings, so on with the cards. Marinette, hosting February's Papertrey Peeps challenge, has challenged us to make a Valentine's card and to use red or pink. I have a couple of cards to share. First up, a little homespun number.



For this first card I used several PTI sets. First, I used Background Basics : Hearts.  The Blueberry Sky oval die cut is stamped with Tin Types in Versmark.After stamping the ticket outline from Just the Ticket, I added "friend"  from Tags for Spring ; I love the font used for the F. The small hearts in the ticket are from Heart Prints.





For this card I used one of  heart-shaped doilies I bought a few weeks ago; I decided I should use at least one this year! I started with a Sweet Blush card base;then I added some dp  to which I added a strip of script from BB-Hearts . I hadn't used any script stamps for a few days, and I was some having some withdrawal issues. LOL. I used  My Favorite Things Edger Die along the bottom. I made the frame using Mat Stack 4, Fillable Frames #10 and,Ellen's Craft-a-board. I stamped it with Prima's Notary stamp--more of my "script fix". The sentiment and pink stamped heart are from PTI's Heart Prints   I spritzed the hearts with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Irridescent Gold--such a subtle lovely shimmer IRL.The resin heart is from Webster's Pages. BTW have you bought any molds, resin, or clay since Betsy Veldman's post?  While I have checked out some products, I haven't taken the plunge ---yet.  Saving all my pennies, ok,. dollars for PTI.

And finally here are some book marks I made using that cute little Crafty Secrets postman cupid that I used on some tags I posted earlier. I also used PTI's Wonderfully Whimsical and BB:Hearts.



 Sending you sweet wishes for a happy Valentine's Day.

6 comments:

  1. ❤ Happy Valentine's Day to you! ❤

    Beautiful cards Cammie. Love your challenge card. And how adorable is that little cupid mail carrier! ❤ I broke down and placed an order with PTI after the blog hop in January. Just had to have Love Lives Here set and dies. The ice resin looks interesting but not sure I'd really use it much. I will be ordering some items tonight though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way about ordering tonight too. Great job on all of them. Those bookmarks are super cute though. Hope you have a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are wonderful!! I know what you mean about ordering. I did place an order finally after a long time but I 'just' ordered dies so it doesn't quite feel like a 'real' order because it didn't include stamps, KWIM? Hope you got to place one last night and had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so sweet! And love the bookmarks! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We got married on V.D. so had an anniversary to celebrate too. We are doing something special this weekend so yesterday we just went for a late lunch and early movie (The King's Speech) and enjoyed both very much! I managed to squeeze in some of the PTI festivities and place an order. I'm a sucker for dies so got a few more! But the only stamps I got were Delightful Dollies and the $5 Big Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie - very cool. such beautiful projects... you have been a very busy crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects Cammie. I'm drawn to the one with the doily and crinkled ribbon. My fave! The gold glimmer mist look wonderful on the seam binding too. Sorry my comments are a tad late. But they're still heartfelt! Love the bookmarks!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.