Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tea Towel Tags

I adore these stamps from vintage embroidery designs  from Crafty Secrets Birds of Happiness stamp set, so I made my paper version of  tea towels.  I would love to have similar real embroidered towels hanging in my kitchen; I may just have to embroider some when life here settles down some.




I actually made and photographed these tags this summer, but never posted them. I don't know why I photographed these without ribbon. I had planned to add ribbon and re-photograph over the weekend for the Crafty Secrets Linky party this week, but after the estate sale Saturday, I was exhausted and freezing, so when I got home, I wrapped up in my down throw and crashed on the sofa. (For those who read a  previous post, we sold many of the salt and pepper sets and shot glasses, so my scrubbing them was worth it) Some of the my mother-in-laws other collections didn't sell as well, so now they're boxed and stored in our basement. My husband wants to try again on Craig's list.  On Sunday I just had to finish a Kindle book I had borrowed from the library because the loan period expired. And Monday was spent cleaning out more items from my mother-in-law's house, cleaning my own house, and preparing for a brief trip to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary.

I apologize for not visiting your blogs these last few weeks. Things have been busier than usual  around here,  but hopefully after this week, life will be a bit calmer. I do so appreciate your taking the time to leave comments and I promise to visit you soon.


Suppplies:
Stamps:Birds of Happiness (Crafty Secrets), Background Basics: Gingham (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI)
Paper:Rustic Cream, Aqua Mist (PTI)
Other: Tag Sale #1 die, Rickrack Border die (PTI)

1 comment:

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.