Friday, November 9, 2012

Trimming the Tree

Despite the post title, I am not trimming the Christmas tree this early.  But I thought I'd share with the Crafty Secrets November Linky Party a couple of photos of one the ornaments I made last year using one of my most favorite Christmas stamps from Crafty Secrets.


 I wanted an antique engraving look, so I stamped this sweet little bird in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Rustic Cream cardstock from PTI. Then I framed it using an ornament from Hobby Lobby.

I was excited to see Hobby Lobby had these ornaments again this year, and when they were first on sale a few months ago, I bought some so I can make more of these vintage ornaments for trimming the tree and a few packages.

This is one quick-to-make elegant project.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love Crafty Secrets Bird images SO much! Great idea! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cammie, your ornament is adorable and elegant and I love that little bird to. I'm sad that stamp set is sold out now but as a Digital Art Set all the birds are bigger.
    Thanks for joining our Nov Linky Party.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea!! I think I'm going to have to try this myself.
    Thanks for linking up with us for our challenge. Hope to see you again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful idea Cammie! And yes, this is one of my favorite sets too! Thanks for the awesome inspiration! Happy Day to you!
    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie, this is really beautiful!

    Thanks for the kind and encouraging comment you left on my blog on my art journal journey, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.