Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Crafty Resolution

 One of my resolutions for this year is not to wait until the last minute to make cards and projects for birthdays and holidays,  so this month's  Crafty Secrets Linky Party is the perfect opportunity to get started on Valentine's Day projects.   I used sweet images from Crafty Secrets digital Valentine  kit from last year. I layered these on a red lacy edged heart die cut along with some Spellbinder heart die cuts stamped with PTI's  Bitty Background Blocks.  The stamped birds are from Crafty Secrets Birds of Happiness.


For this second Valentine I also used Crafty Secrets Calendar stamp set and PTI's Wonderfully Whimsical stamp set.

While these are wonderful to give as they are, they would also be great embellishing a painted peat pot, or a tin pail, or a small paint can, even a paper beverage cup---all filled with chocolate, of course; I mean we are talking Valentine's Day. Stop by again to see where these hearts land.



Supplies:
Stamps: Calendar, Birds of Happiness (Crafty Secrets); Wonderfully Whimsical, Bitty Background Blocks(PTI)
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo, Memento Summer Sky
Paper: Pure Poppy, Spring Rain (PTI); white (Georgia Pacific)
Other: Valentine Digital kit (Crafty Secrets), Classic Heart and Classic Heart Scalloped dies (Spellbinders), Nesting Doily Hearts (Lifestyle Crafts), heart buttons (Hobby Lobby)

6 comments:

  1. Love the layering on these, Cammie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are precious Cammie. I made the same resolution. I am planning to start some care packages that I can mail my sons at college. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable--love your sweet, vintage designs! I need to be better at getting ALL my cards done in a more timely fashion too. I loved having Christmas done early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Valentine's!! Love the heart shapes!! And of course, those sweet images!!

    Thank you very much for joining us for the Crafty Secrets January Linky Party! Good Luck! :)

    hugs...
    Melissa
    Crafty Secrets DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Valentines with the vintage images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Valentines cards! What a great handmade gift to give to a friend!!
    Thanks for playing with us over at the Crafty Secrets Linky Party!
    Rebekah
    Crafty Secrets DT

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.