Monday, October 14, 2013

Let the Treats Begin


Since Ms. Kitty Teapot has donned her witch's hat, it must be time to scare up some Halloween treats and of course, something special to hold those treats. I started with some peat pots that have been in my stash for awhile and painted them with Folk Art Metallic Sequin Black acrylic paint. Although not obvious in these photos, in real life, these tiny pots do have a subtle shimmer. I stamped two labels from Crafty Secrets Halloween Labels and colored with pencils, using a colorless blender pen to blend the colors.  While I used the original acrylic stamps, these stamps are now in digital form, so you can easily adjust the size of the labels.
See the little black cat button above. I used the border stamp from Crafty Secrets Jolly Halloween and masked everything but the cat. I covered the stamped circle with an epoxy circle and attached to a glittered scalloped die cut. Remember to look at your stamps as parts. It's easy to mask with acrylic stamps, and if you use Photoshop Elements with your digital stamps, use the eraser tool to get just the image you need.                                  

I couldn't pass up this crazy variegated yarn on clearance! With green, orange, purple, and blue, it's perfect to use on Halloween projects. One skein should last a long time unless I actually use it for knitting :)

I'm linking this to Crafty Secrets October Linky Party here. Be sure to check out the great projects and tutorials by the design team.

Thanks for stopping by and check back later for more Halloween projects.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Cammie, both of your Halloween labels are super cute! Sorry it took me so long to post a comment, I saw these earlier but got swamped as I'm on my own in the office. I just added them to Pintrest

    Thanks for joining our Oct Linky Party! I'm sending you a code for the $6.00 coupon

    Take care
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.