Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge # 7

It's time for another Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. I always enjoy using Dawn McVey's color combinations. Here's this challenge's colors. Aren't those peonies beautiful?





In January I placed my first PTI order which included two of these colors: Raspberry Fizz and Spring Moss. Spring Moss is a color I never get tired of using. I enjoyed using two of my newest stamp sets for this card.





I used CPS #45 for the inspiration for my design. I stamped Background Basics Text Style in Ripe Avocado ink on Ripe Avocado cardstock. Then I played with another new set Fancy Flourishes, stamping in Raspberry Fizz ink on Spring Moss. Sadly my photo doesn't do justice to Spring Moss; it's such beautiful color. Using Heart Prints stamp, I again used Raspberry Fizz ink on Spring Moss cardstock, which I then punched out with the EK Success heart punch. Oh yea, I used a drop Glossy Accents in the center of each flower on the heart.(Click on photo for heart detail). (Heart Prints is such a fun set. Is Star Prints just as fun? I'm thinking after this week's PTI Blog Hop Star Prints will move up on my wish list. ) Finally, I placed these three elements on a base of Raspberry Fizz.

Well, I'm off to ice some German chocolate cupcakes.

As always, thanks for the visit.



Cammie

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and the cupcakes sound amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the fact that you waited for all of your new stamp sets! Kudos for only using the three colors and not adding white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, chocolate cupcakes sounds amazing... :)

    I really like your card! I think these colors work out brilliantly! Love the heart!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun combination of sets!! Star Prints is also Really high on my (long) wish list! :>

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.