Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pink-FTTC35






This week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge is to use pink since it is October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know everyone has been touched in some way by this disease. Iwas twelve when my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and fourteen when she died in October of my freshman year in high school. Oviously, such a profound loss affected me in many ways and for many years. It is so hopeful to see the ever increasing education, support, and research today.


For this card I stamped Gerbera Daisies (Flourishes) in Rich Cocoa, colored with Prismacolor pencils, and cut out. The plaid and polka panels are mounted on Sweet Blush (PTI).A little twine around the stem completes this bouquet of daisies perfect for a friend.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Cammie, love the way you pieced the background quilt-style--wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.