Saturday, April 5, 2014

MIM #158 Stamping with Watercolor Mediums

Heather Nichols gives some great tips on stamping with watercolors in this week's MIM. Heather uses Gelatos to color her stamps, and I was tempted to buy some when I stopped in at JoAnn's. However, I decided to try a medium I already owned---watercolor pencils.


Using  a Pentel Aquash Water Brush, I dipped the brush it in water rather than fill the reservoir; I find with this method I can more easily control the amount of water. I used the wet brush to pick up the color from the tip of the watercolor pencil and then painted the stamp from Mini Blooms. By the time I had colored the whole stamp, the color had dried, so I spritzed the stamp with a mini mister and then stamped onto watercolor paper. I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies in Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink. Using the Perfect Layers ruler, I cut a mat in Winter Wisteria and mounted all on a Vintage Cream card base.

I will definitely try more stamping using this method.

6 comments:

  1. I love the soft feel of these flowers! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful- such a soft watercolor effect, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Cammie! Love the soft colors & look you got by using the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card. You should make more. I can't wait to see what you make for the watercolor class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the watercolor technique you used on this card! I forget to use the pencils and seem to go right to inks... will rethink that for my next card when I see your result!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.