Thursday, July 30, 2009

Timeless Tuesday on Thursday


Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week is to make a monochromatic card. I wasn't sure I could make a card with Sweet Violets without coloring the violets, but a I gave it a go.
I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black on Rustic White. After cutting and embossing with the rectangle Nestabilities, the image was layered on True Black. Ticking and damask paper was stitched on black cardstock. After stamping"Violets," I ran it through the Cuttlebug with a tag die. Before I removed it from the die I went around it with a black pen. The tag was adhered with pop dots. The single violet blossom was stamped in Vintage Cream, cut out, and centered with a clear gemstone ( because the pearls are missing). Oh no, do I need to visit the craft store?
Thanks for stopping by,
Cammie
Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Violets (Flourishes)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Paper: Rustic White, True Black (PTI), ticking, damask (Paper Studio)
Other: Nestabilities, gemstone

1 comment:

  1. Cammie, this is so pretty!! The dps is lovely, and the stitching finishes it off beautifully!
    smiles, Deena

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.