Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet Sister


I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last post. This summer is flying by. Today is gorgeous here. I hit the greenway early this morning and walked four miles. When I got home, it was still so cool that breakfast on the screened porch with a book seemed like a fine idea. So I finished Shutter Island by Daniel Lehayne, who wrote Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone. The movie Shutter Island ,starring Leonardo DiCaprio, is going to be released this fall. The novel is a good suspenseful read. My sister recommended it; actually she said I should wait until after I saw the movie. But after watching the movie trailer, I decided I wanted to know what was going on before I saw the movie.

My sister,who only lives an hour away, and I spent a couple of days together last week, doing what we love to do--shop for bargains. We were sad to learn that J.Jill clothing store is closing its store in the local mall, but we did take advantage of the store closing sale where everything was marked 60 to 80 percent off and nothing was over $30. So we did score some great bargains!

My sister is so sweet about my stamping and cardmaking. She always sets the cards I send her on her kitchen counter. In fact, I had to send her a card last month, to replace the Valentine's and Easter Cards she still had out. While we were out and about, she wanted to visit some the local places where I craft shop. While we were in a LSS, she said she wanted to buy a stamp for me. We picked out a few we both liked, then she chose one. This is the thank you card I made her with this fanciful stamp she bought for me. She likes CAS cards so she should like this one.





After I stamped the image with Versafine Sepia ink on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock, I colored it with Prisma pencils and baby oil. It's mounted on Swiss Dots embossed Aqua Mist (PTI) ; the base is Sweet Blush (PTI).

I'm so lucky to have such a sweet sister!


Thanks for stopping by,

Cammie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.