Thursday, July 24, 2014

Make It Monday #173 --No Outline Watercolor

In this week's Make-It-Monday video, Heather Nichols instructs us in the technique of no line water coloring. I love water colors, but I have done very little and have much to learn and need much practice. Anyway I decided to give Heather's technique a try.

 For this card I stamped PTI's Year of Flowers- Lily of the Valley with Memento London Fog ink which I think must be darker that PTI's Soft Stone ink since the stamped lines were still visible after painting the image with Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Winter Wisteria, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, and Ocean Tide inks.
By the way,  I also learned that lily-of-the-valley can be white or pink. I am definitely going to search for some pink ones ; I would love to see those delicate pale pink blooms welcoming spring.

A huge thank you to Heather for sharing this technique which I really enjoyed trying.

5 comments:

  1. I think you water colored these beautifully! I love this stamp set and pulled it out myself to use, but then didn't know which colors to use to color the flowers...you did it perfectly in my mind! Lovely, lovely card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just lovely! and the Lily of the Valley is one of my favorite stamp sets (and the morning glory and the YOF collection :-)) I think I need to try watercoloring this one after seeing yours - had no idea LotV could also be pink- i've only seen white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just beautiful! I really like the background color too, just centered around the image. LOV is one of my favorite flowers because they arrive so early and scent the whole area - and I have never seen pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers look fabulous using this watercolor technique, Cammie! I'm hoping to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.