Thursday, July 10, 2014

Red, White, and Blue


Hi ya, peeps! I'm here today with an oh-so-summery card! When I first saw this gorgeous digital stamp by Power Poppy Stamps, I thought of decorating for a summer picnic. I think I was in Independence Day decorating mode, so I thought blue gingham tablecloth with perky red geraniums, thus the background for this card.
I changed the jpeg file to a png file in Photoshop Elements; then I used the Silhouette to plan my card design and cut the background, tag, and floral image. I pulled out the Prismacolor pencils for coloring and attached the colored image with dimensional tape.
And my Independence Day picnic---well, we changed our plans at the last minute and dined at a local brewery downtown before walking to the city's outdoor symphony concert and fireworks.

I'm linking this to the Let Freedom Ring Challenge on the Power Poppy Blog 

Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:
Stamps: Geraniums (Power Poppy)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Blueberry Sky (PTI)
Ink: Blueberry Sky (PTI)
Other: Prismacolor pencils, Silhouette Cameo

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Cammie! The gingham and geraniums are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW - your card has got it going on! The way you've colored these geranium flowers and leaves makes me wonder if I should even bother getting out paints and colored pencils again! I think I'll just send all my assignments over to you, Cammie! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.