Tuesday, February 10, 2015

PTI Anniversary Challenge: Tagged and Bagged


The third challenge during PTI's anniversary celebration is to create a tag. I started by cutting a 3/12 x4 tag and rounding the corners. I stamped it in Memento Summer Sky ink with an old  gingham background stamp. Then the fun continued with PTI's Stamp-a-faire 1940s stamp set and Everyday Button Bits. I used these inks: Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, and Harvest Gold. Fussy cutting was required for the scalloped focal point, the banner, and the cherry stem.
Then tragedy struck! I realized I didn't have two identical red buttons. I spent far too much time going through those red buttons looking for two I thought I could use,but I just couldn't put on two buttons that didn't match. So paper buttons to the rescue with Button Up #1 dies and Bitty Background Blocks I. A little baker's twine is the final touch.



This little tag makes me happy-these photos- not so much.

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! Really awesome! You've inspired me to break out my SAF sets : )

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.