Thursday, February 11, 2016

PTI Anniversary Challenges



Hi! I'm back to post a couple of more cards for Papertrey Ink's anniversary challenges. First, Day Three's challenge was Grab and Craft with the instructions to gather supplies in 5 minutes and create a project with those supplies. I knew that I wanted to make this Valentine card by Nichole.

So I focused my five minutes of gathering time to grab these supplies: XOXO stamps and dies (fortunately stored in the same storage envelope and in a basket where I had previously placed Valentine stamps and dies); white cardstock; Harvest Gold, Limeade Ice, Berry Sorbet, Blueberry Sky, and Hibiscus Burst inks; ruler; pencil; glue, Misti stamping tool, Cuttlebug, phone ( so I could check Nichole's card that I had pinned and so I could listen to an audio book while I worked).


Challenge complete and husband's valentine card made--I'm feeling good.  No last minute valentine card making for me this year, so I can focus on baking red velvet cupcakes this weekend.

While I was able to grab my supplies in  five  minutes, it took M U C H longer to stamp those hearts, but the real marathon was with the next card for Day 5 Sampler Challenge:create a card with nine  1 1/2 inch squares, each altered in a different way and mounted on a 5 1/2 inch square card base.


I cut the squares with the pinked square die from  the Button Card Die Collection and stamped each with a different design from Bitty Blocks I and II in Harvest Gold, Lovely Lady, Sweet Blush, Mint Julep, and  Memento's Summer Sky. Note : the upper left square is a Lovely Lady and Mint Julep plaid made with the striped bitty block stamp. I used two Make-It-Market kits for the embellishments: Wee Folk and Nostalgic Notions.

 Mounting those squares with even margins and borders tested my patience--and brought to mind the cliche "Third time's a charm." In fact, by the time I had cut, stamped, and mounted those squares for the third time, I was thinking I didn't need or want any more stamps or dies. Of course, by the next morning when I saw the PTI's latest stamps and dies and the fantastic projects by the design team,  I wanted everything :)  The hardest challenge  during this anniversary release will be choosing which new products to buy on the 15th.



3 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful! It looks like spring, fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is fantastic and the bottom is super cute! Great designs, Cammie!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.