Sunday, February 7, 2016

Make It Monday #238 Valentine Ombre Stamping




In this week's Make It Monday video, Melissa Phillips used gelatos to create an ombre Valentine card. I have several coloring mediums including a few gelatos and even though I've had the gelatos for awhile, I have never used them. So Monday afternoon, I die cut some butterflies from Love Lives Here and broke out the gelato. Yes, I said gelato. Using water to dilute and layering color, I was able to create an ombre effect with that one red gelato.


 Six days later those butterflies finally landed on a card. I used Lovely Lady ink for the Fancy Flourish, first stamping it off for a softer color. I die cut the sentiment several times and layered it for dimension. Last,  I added clear Wink of Stella to the sentiment and hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.