Sunday, January 31, 2010

You Make My Heart Sing

I'm so glad that Melissa Phillips has started her Photo Inspiration Challenges.
She has posted her second challenge with this photo from A Creative Mint as the inspiration How wonderful it must be to compose and photograph such ordinary objects and create such beauty.


When I taught transcendentalism to my students, we would have great discussions of the Plato's idealism. We would have such wondeful talks explaining our ideal places versus what we experienced. I thought of those discussions when I saw this photo because this photograph is to me the ideal grandmother's catchall drawer. Bits and pieces of household items--buttons, thread, tags, twine, clothespins, scissors, and those keepsake letters with the beautiful manuscript. This is way that drawer would look; anything else is a pale reflection of that reality.

The colors and my bits and pieces came together in this card which is also for
this week's Crafty Secrets Challenge at SCS to use something old and something new on a card.
S






For the something "old", I chose the bird from the stamp set Fairyland, one of the first Crafty Secrets stamps I bought. The "new" includes the initial use of the crown stamp, the stamp kissing of the notes from Altered Art, the plaid paper, and the tag made with my Christmas Cricket Expression.
Thanks for stopping by,
Cammie
Supplies:
Stamps:Fairyland, Altered Art (Crafty Secrets), Bird Watching, Background Basics:Hearts (PTI)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (Versafine), Pure Poppy (PTI), Antique Linen (Ranger)
Paper: Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Kraft(PTI), Vintage Valentine(Fancy Pants)
Other: Pure Poppy Vintage Button(PTI), Spellbinders Classic Hearts and Scalloped Hearts Nestabilities, chipboard flourish (Making Memories), pearls

12 comments:

  1. Great job! I especially like the little pearls you added on the birds crown. Glad to see you were able to use your new Cricut too! I am hoping to get some time to make something based on this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the layout and how you used the touches of red. The crown and pearls are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I really love the pop of red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tags layered on card fronts! The red is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the touch of red with the stacked hearts and the detail with the pearls, but the subtlety of the bird just stamped in one color, not colored in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card. I love the addition of the crown and the color combo. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...loving that princely bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!! Love what you created using that photo!! All your details are fabulous and I love the colors!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is adorable...so much sweet character and details. Love every inch. Thanks for playing along.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this card - everything is perfect! Especially love the pearls in the crown - wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.