Monday, April 20, 2009

Earth Laughs



"Earth Laughs in Flowers"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Smoky Mountains are happy right now, where the spring wildflowers are blooming. Last Friday we hiked Porters Trail, where the trillium, irises, wild geranium, and violets are blooming. I wish my photos could actually do justice to the beauty of the Smokies. The white and pink trillium are in full bloom while the yellow trillium will probably bloom this week.



These are violets that are growing on a fallen tree.



And another look at violets.



This is the large image from the Flourishes new release Sweet Violets. I wanted the card to resemble a botanical from an old book. I stamped the image with Versafine Sepia ink on cream cardstock and colored using Prismas. I colored a small blossom, cut it, and adhered it inside the
card.


I hope the earth is laughing where you are.
Cammie
Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Violets (Flourishes)
Ink: Sepia (Versafine)
Cardstock: Cream, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey)
Other: Prisma colored pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.