Thursday, April 16, 2009

Vintage Violets







I love two of the new stamp sets just released last week by Flourishes--Vintage Wallpaper and Sweet Violets. How could I not love the Sweet Violets set? I have violets in my garden, violets in an urn that I can see from my kitchen window, and violets prints in the house.The small pitcher in the photo is one I bought in Ireland a few years ago by Shannonbridge Potteries. I just love that while violets look dainty they can survive the winter here. Although they may look a a little scraggly during the winter, they flourish (no pun intended) in the spring. They come in so many colors now, although I prefer those with purple like the wild violets that spring in the yard. No, those wild violets are not weeds, at least not to me. Violets have such happy little faces!

This card is the first I made using Sweet Violets. I made it for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge, also a first for me. The challenge is to use piercing which is used around the image and on the bottom. Another first was using the new Score-bug to pierce the straight lines on both sides of the ribbon. Here's another view of the piercing.





I stamped the violets with Sepia and colored with Prismas and stamped the background with Antique Linen. I wanted a muted background just like old faded wallpaper.


Supplies:

Stamps: Sweet Violets and Vintage Wallpaper (Flourishes)

Ink: Sepia (Versafine), Antique Linen (Ranger)

Paper: Lemon Tart (PTI), violet (stash)

Accessories: Prismas, Nestabilities, Fiskars border punch, Score Pal and Score bug
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!
Cammie






No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.