Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Flowers


I love this time of year; I can check on the progress of perennials and flowering shrubs. Some of our azaleas are blooming while others have only buds. The dogwoods are dressed in their spring finery this week. Thankfully, last week's snow and frigid temperatures didn't seem to cause any damage. Of course, with all this beauty of nature, comes work-- some plants to divide, some to fertilize, some to prune. I'm waiting on a warmer, sunnier day, however. Yesterday and today have been cool gloomy days. Where's the sun? Iguess I'll just have to settle for a bright, cheery card.
This card uses Papertrey products. The stamps are the Life set, one of my favorites. For this card I again created flowers that look like coneflowers. I also used Tags for Spring for the sentiment Spring Flowers. I added a few blossoms beneath the sentiment. I used the oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities as well as Fiskar border punches. I used Spring Moss and Raspberry Fizz paper and ink. I add a brown center to each flower with a brown marker. A cheery card to brighten someone's day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.