Monday, September 28, 2009

FTTC34 Falling Leaves


It's feeling fallish here in East Tennessee--yea! Last night may have been our last Chilis night on the screened porch. Let me explain--we love to get vegetable eggrolls and chips and salsa carry out from Chilis and dine on the porch. During the winter we wish for warm weather, flips flops, and Chili's carry out on the porch. While we eat on the porch most nights during the summer, those Chilis nights are always fun. Anyway, yesterday was my husband's birthday, and his request was Chilis on the porch. (Tonight we have his dessert request-chocolate amaretto cheesecake).I think we'll have that at the fire pit. Back to dinner last night, I had to wear jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and a hoodie, but I kept the flip flips. Oh yeah, the flip flops are required shoes for porch dining. The porch dinners are dwindling for another year--sigh!

Yesterday, leaves were even fluttering around and it smelled like fall--ok-a little dead leaf smell. So how timely that I used Falling Leaves for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Silke Ledlow is the hostess and the challenge is to try a technique--stamp misting. This is something I haven't done, so I was eager and a little anxious to give it try--especially after seeing what the design team created. I like the soft image created and will use this technique again I'm sure.

Supplies:
Stamps: Falling Leaves
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Autumn Leaf (Versacraft)
Paper: K and Company, Dark Chocolate, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Other: Ribbon and button (PTI)

1 comment:

  1. What a dreamy-sounding dinner--I love that! I sure miss that "dead leaf" smell--enjoy it for me, would you? Love your card, Cammie--beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.