I am beginning to catch up on the Papertrey Peeps challenges--one down, two to go. All three are great challenges, so I don't know why I've been such a slug-a-bug. Lori's challenge here is to use red and green without a Christmas theme. I went to Baby Button Bits and the sweet pea image and to Cosmo Cricket's
Garden Variety Mini Deck for my card.
1. Cut A2 card base in Vintage Cream.
2. Stamp bottom portion of card base with Polka Dot Basics 1 in Simply Chartreuse.
3. Cut patterned paper.
4. Cut border trim. Attach to patterned paper.
5. Attach patterned paper and trim to card base.
6. Cut scalloped oval and attach.
7. Stamp pea image in Simply Chartreuse ,cut, and attach to scalloped oval with dimensional tape.
8. Thread buttons with embroidery thread and attach.
9. Stamp sentiment in New Leaf ink. (The sentiment showed up much better on the dots when I tried it on scratch paper. It's so frustrating when my stamping works better in practice)
Note: I am having a lot trouble getting a good color with the Simply Chartreuse ink. I have the cube which is very moist; I've stored it face down; I used the spoon-smooshing technique, and I've stamped many times,
and the ink still has a very grey tint to it. Any other suggestions?
Finally, congratulations to Lori McAree the host of this challenge who is the featured stamper in June's PTI Newsletter.
Stamps:Baby Button Bits (PTI)
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf (PTI)
Paper: Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream(PTI), Garden Variety Mini Deck(Cosmo Cricket)
Other: New Leaf Vintage Buttons (PTI), Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars)