Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cherry Retro


(Click on photo for larger image)

When I saw this dp, I knew I had to use it with Everyday Button Basics. This card reminds me of a kitchy 50s kitchen. Such a happy environment. I can just see the perfect little wife and mother in her shirtwaist dress, heels, and pearls putting a roast in the oven. ( Why a roast? Well, I cooked a roast with carrots and potatoes this week, not in the oven though--in the crock pot. And I wasn't wearing a dress, heels, or pearls--try tank, shorts, and flip-flops.)
Back to the card. This is one that came together quickly for me with no mishaps along the way. I did notice the bow is a little wonky in the photo.
I'm off to exercise and do a few chores around the house. This evening we're heading to an Irish festival, supporting Second Harvest food bank. Some Irish music, crafts, food, and a beer and wine garden. Should be a fun evening down town. Hope you have some fun planned this weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Cammie

Supplies:
Stamps:Everyday Button Basics (PTI)
Ink: Paris Dusk(Memento)
Paper: Cherry Pie (Jenni Bowlin), Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy, Kraft (PTI)
Other: Pure Poppy Vintage Buttons (PTI), Scalloped punch (EK Success)

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Those clearish buttons make great cherries:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very kitschy! I LOVE this style and that dp goes so well with the stamps! I too did a roast this weekend though again not in the heels, dress or pearls though but is was scrummy all the same LOL!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, love the blue leaves!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.