Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Sunny Card on a Dreary Day

Thunderstorms are rolling through this morning. I actually dark rainy mornings with the window open so I can listen to the rain. Of course, this morning is so muggy, the window was open for about five minutes before I had to shut it.

Tiny bursts of yellow and black--goldfinches darting from the crepe myrtle to the bird feeder or feeding on rubdeckia. These tiny birds were the inspiration for my card for this week's Crafty Secrets challenge to use yellow. I love this fairystamp --I've always thought the idea of fairies was so interesting. I love fairy houses in gardens, although my garden is lacking tiny cottages for them, so I don't guess I'll see any fairies in my garden. When we visited Ireland a few years ago, I was so excited when one the hotels in Galway advertised a fairy ring in the woods on the property. Well, the clerk obviously hadn't read the blurb in the travel book because she gave me quite a look when I asked for directions. Most of the travelers were interested in the golf course on the property, and I was the crazy American woman asking about fairy rings. DH and I had a lovely walk in the magical woods, the trees talked to us; ok, they creaked in the wind, but we never found the fairy wing.




For this card I used an image from Fairyland and some recently purchased paper from Basic Grey. It was actually 50 % off at LSS (How I love seeing those sale signs!) Does anyone else walk through LSS with samples of PTI cardstock matching to DP? OK, back to the card, I used a crumpled paper flower in the corner because a. it added the right touch, b. it was sitting on the desk, longing to be placed on a card, c. it was necessary to cover the wonky stitching in the corner of the card. And the correct is..... C I haven't perfected turning a corner and keeping the same width between the stitching and edge of paper, so cover up was necessary.

Personal note to help me be more accountable--I've headed back to the gym this month after becoming such a slacker-three times last week and twice already this week.

Thanks for stopping by,
Cammie
Supplies:
Stamps:Fairyland (Clear Art Stamps)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Paper:Dreamsickle(Basic Grey), Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart (PTI)
Other: Labels 4, Cuttlebug flower die, pearls, Prismacolor pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.