Saturday, August 8, 2009

Golden Violets

Click on image for larger view.


Flourishes is sponsoring another contest to celebrate their second birthday. This time the contest is to make a card that has some glamour to it. This not easy for me; I'm not into a lot of bling, so this card definitely has an understated glamour to it with simple gold on white. I stamped the small Sweet Violets image and then cut it out with Labels 4 die. While it was still in the die, I used a gold pen to outline. Using the next larger Labels 4 die, I cut another label which I sponged with the ink pad while it was still in the die. I wanted it to have a white edge to it just like the smaller shape. The background design Vintage Wallpaper. The card base was sponged with the gold ink around the edges. I was going to use gold ribbon, but the gold ribbon I had was too bright for the subtle, aged look of the card, so I went with a simple white satin ribbon and bow. The winner of this contest wins this month's release! I'm crossing my fingers.

Cammie

Supplies:
Stamps-Sweet Violets and Vintage Wallpaper (Flourishes)
Ink:Gold (Martha Stewart)
Paper: Georgia Pacific
Other: Labels 4 (Spellbinders), white satin ribbon


1 comment:

  1. veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy sophisticated !!!!
    i donot like sparks and bling either...
    but this is soooooo superb !!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.