Monday, March 1, 2010

Cupcake Compose a Card (A little alliteration for Monday)

I had a chance this weekend to make a card for Compose a Card with Becky created by Becky Oehlers. Her latest challenge included a nice pop of color and an inspiration photo full of vintage charm.






The cabinet color reminds me of my own Hoosier cabinet with flour sifter that was rescued from the garage of my childhood home. It originally was white with black art deco detailing. My father used it store nails and other small items he used in his construction business. This cabinet spent many grimy years in the garage. When my husband and I bought our log home, I was able to convince my father to give up this cabinet. Daddy, who was a child of the Depression, parted with very little. With a lot of cleaning and some milk paint, the cabinet moved from garage to my kitchen. Here's my blue cabinet today.



Now for my card.




I chose that fun cupcake from Baby Button Bits. I was charmed by that little cupcake when I first saw it. However, I knew I really didn't need another set of baby images. I know these images aren't limited to baby cards, but I was using that reasoning to show some restraint in my order. But I kept thinking about that little cupcake with that button cherry, so I ordered the set last month. I'm looking forward to using more of these fun images. Have you ever purchased a stamp set because of one image? 
Wishing you a great week,
Cammie

Supplies:
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Mega Mixed Messages
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Pure Poppy(PTI)
Paper: Bitty Dot Basics, Aqua Mist (PTI)
Other:  Pure Poppy and Aqua Mist Vintage Buttons(PTI), border punch, crystal coarse glitter (Martha Stewart)

18 comments:

  1. How neat that the inspiration photo is like your very own cupboard! Your card is so sweet and I feel the same way about the cupcake. I haven't ordered the set yet but have been tempted several times. Love what you did with the little button at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I think the scalloped edge really makes it complete. And yes, I have bought more than one stamp set because of one image. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cammie,
    Your card is beautiful and I love the sugar topping on the cupcake! What a beautiful piece of furniture also. Love how it is simple and brightens up the corner of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cammie, I love it! I think we have even more in common. I have what looks to be the same cabinet. It's now in my quilt studio (repurposed chicken coop off our barn) to hold patterns and supplies.
    And yes I have bought (too) many sets just to get one image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and what a GREAT Hoosier cabinet! Those are SO sought after these days! You have a real treasure! Wonderful! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo sweet, i love that little cupcake. great job with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I very love these colors, your card is fabulous, j'adore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! That cupcake looks scrumptious and your card is so neat and clean (the lines, great cutting!) And the cabinet, what a treasure! Its neat to be able to refurbish things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love that scalloped border!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cammie, this is a wonderful card! That cupcake is calling my name and my wallet fears me going to PTI's order site! Eep! :) You did a great job here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, YES! I totally get sucked into buying stamps because I'll reaaaaaally like 1 image. :)

    This is fantastic, such a happy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! And I love your blue cabinet ...... I want one in that color SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS!! The lacy scallop is so perfect with that cute cupcake, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! The cupcake image tipped me over the edge for this set too--not that it usually takes much, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Cammie, don't ask that question! I bought this set just for the teddy bear.

    You did a great job with the challenge Love that border punch with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card!! Just love the border punch and the little button treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute. I bought that set mainly for the cupcake too. I really need to start using mine though!
    Cool cabinet too!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.