Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! And welcome to the Waltzingmouse  Stamps St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop! I'm so glad to be able to participate. Claire provided some GORGEOUS free digital images for this hop, but don't think these images are good for only one day of the year. They can be used throughout the year. The image I used along with a good luck sentiment would be perfect anytime for someone who may need a little encouragement!

I know you are anxious to visit the other blogs, so here's a brief description of the making of the card. While listening to the Chieftans on my I-Pod, I cut the card base using A Child's Year Cricut cartridge. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and cut it out with oval Nestablities. Love those oval Nestabilities! (Hint, hint, Claire). I embossed the gingham paper to give it a bit more texture. I used scalloped oval Nestabilities for a base for the image. Another piece of gingham was mounted inside to peek through each shamrock. I needed thin ribbon to fit the scalloped edge of the card, so I colored some cream satin ribbon with a Copic marker (V95) to coordinate with the ribbon on the image. I had intended to use a smaller button, but when I saw this button, I had to use it. The center of the button is perfect for this card.

Last, what's the most "touristy" thing to do in Ireland?  Kiss the Blarney Stone.
Here's the castle.

And here's me "kissing" the blarney stone.

 (No, I did not actually put my lips on the stone----uuuuugh--whose lips had been on that stone?)
And on that final Irish note...
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop,

Supplies:
Digital image:  Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: Spring Rain(PTI), gingham(The Paper Studio)
Other: New Leaf Vintage Buttons (PTI),Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, A Child's Year Cricut cartridge,  Swiss Dots Embosssing Folder, Prismacolor pencils, Copics

24 comments:

  1. Great shot of you not kissing the Blarney stone. I was afraid when I did the kissing. I had to stand around a bit and make sure that fellow didn't drop anyone..lol Oh, yea, the reason I'm here....your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pic of ME doing the exact same thing 2 years ago! and I think it was the same guy holding onto me!!!

    Love your pretty card and the colors you used!

    thanks for blog hopping with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft blue and green color scheme with the gingham. Very nice job coloring the shamrocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you actually have to be pretty flexible to kiss the blarney stone! Lovely card. like the little punched out shamrocks filled with gingham. :) Happy Blog Hop. Angela (aka Dolly Mixtures)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, where is that blarney stone exactly, that you have to get in that position to do it?

    LOVE the gingham! What a great cheerful touch, and having it peeking through the punch outs is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is so pretty Cammie!!! I love the wee gingham shamrocks!!! such a fun touch! and yep, that is maybe THE most touristy thing to do here! My mother reckons she is descended from the clan that owned the castle! lol...and now you're wondering if I have the blarney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the cut outs and the gingham! Nice GREEN photos too! Happy St. Patrick's Day~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, what a great pic! :) Love your pretty card and the gingham is just the perfect touch! Happy St Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The base card is brill... just love the whole card!
    Hugs,
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow beautiful - truly - love the soft colors and the card base. AND you are one smart cookie to not actually kiss that stone LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Cammie! Love the soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an elegant looking card! Great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh (sigh) the gingham shamrocks are just soooo adorable...I can never get enough of cheery gingham! What a great layout and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, another stunner with blue! And the gingham is simply FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is lovely! I'm really liking the peeks of gingham on it, so cute! Beautiful color combination too. So jealous you've been to Ireland...I must do sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card and the little shamrocks are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card. I love the shamrocks that are a border!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice job on the card. Glad to see you are getting some use out of your Cricut too! Glad you didn't really kiss the blarney stone. Looks like a wonderful place to visit though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card. I really love the shamrock cutouts and that gingham paper is just divine! Tell me, did kissing the Blarney Stone bring you luck??? Thanks for sharing your creativity and your wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know you had to go upside down to kiss the blarney stone! Great photo and such a pretty card. I like those cutouts with the punch and the green gingham peeping through.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! I love the little plaid shamrocks on the edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! I love the shamrock cut-outs. Fun picture of the Blarney stone kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty card! Love the pretty dp peeking out from those sweet shamrocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.