Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Greetings

I was going to link the card by Melissa Phillips that was the inspiration for this card; however and not surprisingly, it has been removed for publication. I will say that her card changed my ambivalent feelings for Take Three:Spring. One of the features of Melissa's card that I liked was she stamped the six images on text printed paper. I only used three images and fewer embellishments, but I did first stamp with Text Time and then stamped the three bunny images from Take Three.

I distressed th edges of the Lemonade and Pretty Pastels paper.
 On another of Melissa's posts, she mentioned that she often buys silk hydrangea flowers at a local craft store, deconstructing them, and using the blossoms on her cards. So I bought a hydrangea stem at Michaels (using a discount coupon, of course) to have a more economical set of blooms to use.
Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:
Stamps: Take Three:Spring ,Background Basics:Text Style hn(PTI)
Ink: Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss(PTI); Tea Dye Distress Ink(Ranger)
Paper: Vintage Cream ,Pretty Pastels(PTI); Lemondade Paper Pad(Basic Grey)
Other: Label Tag Trio,square Nestabilities(Spellbinders); Aqua Mist ribbon,Sweet Blush Vintage Button (PTI), border punch(Fiskars)

17 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely stunning card and great idea with using silk hydrangea flowers, I have tons around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. You really do amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbes ces couleurs qui amènent le printemps vers nous
    bravo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammie, this is so pretty. I really love it. Perfect color combo for Easter. I reminds me of dying eggs... that sort of tie dye look. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors here Cammie, I really like the addition of the flower on the ribbon. The perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card - so soft and subtle. Nice spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and pretty! Looooooove the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Cammie. It really does give that feeling of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card!! I love the softness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO beautiful Cammie! I love the soft colors you used. I have to tell you, you don't post cards too often, but whenever I see that you have a blog post to share over on the PTI board I get very excited because I KNOW I'm going to be in for a real treat. You do really beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Pretty! Love the beautiful spring colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Great job - I remember the card you used for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card - I love the idea of stamping over text!
    Y'know if you wanna share your inspiration further you could enter this for our cuurent challenge on our A Passion for Papertrey blog (no pressure though LOL! ;D) Ooh and you could also enter it for Lisa Johnson's Poppy Seed Challenge #2 too!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty spring card! Love your techniques on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! Very soft and pretty! I especially like how you stamped the text over the bunnies too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cammie, your card inspires me to pull out this set and get it inky. Love your layers of images. Really creates some depth. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one.